Bought, but it says "trial version" in the lower-right corner.
1993 Space Machine
A downloadable game for Windows
-: SPACE SHOOTERS NEVER DIE :-
1993 is a testament to that, honoring classics like Life Force,
R-Type and Xenon II. We're keeping the genre alive.
1993 S.M was made in 1993. It is not made to look retro.
It is not polished for today's tech - this is the genuine thing!
It's 1993 - Today! (Further updated in 2020!)
- 9 Ships to choose from
- 25 Different weapons with 3 power levels
- 14 Levels
- 10 Different Bosses
Started in the age of the Amiga 500, this game was
featured in Amiga format and Commodore User
- two of the largest gaming magazines of the time.
A series of unfortunate events prevented this space
shooter to get finished. We plan to do that now!
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
- : GAME STORY : -
"Towards the end of the interstellar wars, chaos spread
and one band of elite mercenaries acted more like pirates
and looters than actual soldiers. The leader of this group
was the notorious and infamous Colonel Nestor.
Without a doubt the biggest prize of their looting campaigns
was the Spacemachine: a device designed to terraform barren
planets and making them habitable. With this device, and the rest
of their treasure, Nestor and his men started to build an army
that now poses a great threat to the known star systems.
Mission: Bring back the Space Machine."
- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -
What reviewers say:
- Holy moly! I'm in! I'm sold! This is a freaking phenomenal game. 8-Bit Eric *I am so dead chuffed with this game. Jamie from the Games Shed *1993 Shenandoah has that same level of addictive quality in design and execution. Elliot Ossange - Bonusstage *I absolutely love this game! It is soo charming! Jamie from the Games Shed *The enemy is varied and vast, coming in many flavours and types. There are basically everything and anything you can think of. Elliot Ossange - Bonusstage *This is an absolute gem! I really really recommend this! Jamie from the Games Shed *I can’t recommend 1993 Shenandoah enough. The aesthetics of the design, the levels... Elliot Ossange - Bonusstage *I'm definitely digging the hell out of this game. 8-Bit Eric
- You're in charge! Explore and secure the different worlds in the order that fits your taste and urge.
- The kick ass weapon system lets you unlock weapons for use in later play sessions. We feature both classic powerful weapons plus some fresh smart weapons.
- Of almost 100 deadly enemy types, we have crafted unique evil behaviours for most of them.
- As an extra game mechanic we have introduced a new health and shield system for more interesting game play.
- Up to four player co-op mode.
|Tags||1993, 2D, amiga500, Retro, Sci-fi, Shoot 'Em Up, Side Scroller, Space, space-machine|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hello! I can assure you this is in name only as I assume you can access the full game? We are going to get a build up without the ''trial version'' text soon! But if you do not have full access (Be able to choose all levels, upgrade etc) Please get back to us and we will look into it!
Wow, this feels like I'm playing a lost Amiga game. I love it
I have just been informed that it basically is a lost Amiga game, lol. Anyway, great game!
Is there a way to rebind controls? I find x and c being the buttons to rotate awkward, ans Z and X would work better.
As of now there is no way to do that sadly but will forward the request to the devs and see what we can do :)
It's especially annoying on a QWERTZ keyboard... ;)
Fortunately, that means the game reads keyboard characters, not keyboard scan codes! As a temporary workaround you can just create a different keyboard layout!
Just google "Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC)", which is an official free tool from Microsoft.
Is this an updated version, or just unreleased until now?